[open-government] Fwd: FreeBalance: Government of Timor-Leste Accelerates Accountability with Transparency Portal

Toby Mendel toby at law-democracy.org
Thu Mar 17 11:28:17 GMT 2011

Interesting. The site looks quite powerful.

This is timely for me, as I am doing a report on freedom of the media
(including access to information) in East Timor. It may be a bit of an
exaggeration to say that with this site, "the Government of Timor-
Leste demonstrates worldwide leadership in transparency", but it
certainly represents progress over what they were disclosing previously.

Best, Toby

Toby Mendel
Executive Director

Centre for Law and Democracy