[kforge-user] Newbie question on project vs admin interface

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Thu Sep 6 18:08:19 BST 2007

Nicolas Steinmetz wrote:
> John Bywater a écrit :
>> Then the url scheme is quite compact. A project will have its 'admin'
>> page here:
> So maybe I'm wrong here with the "admin" concept. I thought it was a
> global admin interface in which we can set up kforge instance at a
> global level and not at project/service level. Does such an admin
> interface exist ?

I've delayed in replying since I think John had really cleared things up
here. To reiterate:

A KForge instance now runs off a single domain and there are no longer
distinct project and admin 'views' at different subdomains. Given that
the guide still talked about these two different subdomains I can
understand this this may have been confusing (this issue in the Guide
has now been rectified).

Within this domain you have the following url structure[^1]:

Access to the full underlying domain model of the KForge system for the
system administrator allowing them to enable/disable plugins,
create/delete users, set passwords etc etc.

Administration of a particular project by the project administrator, for
example creating and deleting members, creating and deleting services etc.

Access to the applications associated with a project service. So for
example if one has a 'svn' service named 'mysvn' associated to a project
called 'myproject' then the actual service instance would be at:

while the actual subversion repository associated to this service would
be at:

Hope that helps.

[^1]: This is defined by the url.py class:

Specifically _configure_mapper. As code remains more up to date than
docs this should be considered the ultimate authority regarding url