[wsfii-coord] Proposed change of date for Dharamsala WSFII.
fredpook at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 11:05:18 GMT 2006
thanks for your support. End of November is usually getting pretty
cold in Dharamsala, especially at night time. I know because I was
there visiting at end of November. The difference between October and
November in climate and comfort is really big.
On 3/14/06, Juergen Neumann <j.neumann at ergomedia.de> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I also support you with the idea of merging the main WSFII towards
> Dharamsala. (Sorry for my late reply - I was offline the last for days).
> I am also very happy if that makes you people in India feel more
> comfortable about it.
> Concerning the date I wonder if there is any reason not to stick - as
> already announced - to the second half of November. People have started
> making their plans already, and I would like to keep this date (two
> weeks in the end of November) unless it is not possible or makes big
> difficulties to do so.
> Best wishes!
> > Following the latest posting on this list (and extensive off-list
> > discussions) regarding the proposed main annual WSFII event in India,
> > now appears that Dharamsala is better positioned than Bangalore to
> > that a reality. The Dharamsala WSFII is gathering momentum very
> > I just had a long phone conversation with Dr. Arun Mehta about this
> > we both feel that this year's International WSFII for Inida should be
> > Dharamsala. However, it seems that the May 20th date is not going to
> > allow us the time needed to prepare properly for such a large scale
> > event. We therefore suggest postponing the Dharamsala WSFII to after
> > rainy season, sometime in October.
> > In order to fix a final date we will have to re-approach the office of
> > H.H. the Dalai Lama, and possibly try to synchronize it with the IT
> > minister of India. It appears that H.H. does not have any trips or
> > teachings planned for October 2006.
> > We also feel that this will allow for a greater degree of cooperation
> > and participation from all parties, and will allow us to make this
> > into a truly international summit. Dr. Mehta and myself hope that
> > would be offended or hurt by this suggestion. Being a joint venture,
> > must encourage everyone to comment before we can decide.
> > Since there are speakers and guests who have confirmed their
> > participation in Dharamsala for May 20th, we must notify them ASAP
> > any changes. If there is a positive consensus about this proposed
> > change, it would help if the WSFII-Coord could make this decision into
> > an announcement which we can forward to our guests and activists in
> > order to explain the change in dates.
> > I urge you to voice your thoughts and concerns, as well as your
> > for the proposed change of dates as soon as possible!
> > We must decide and announce the change very quickly.
> > Thanks!
> > Yahel
> > _______________________________________________
> > wsfii-coord mailing list
> > wsfii-coord at lists.okfn.org
> > http://lists.okfn.org/mailman/listinfo/wsfii-coord
> wsfii-coord mailing list
> wsfii-coord at lists.okfn.org
More information about the wsfii-coord