[wsfii-coord] Proposed change of date for Dharamsala WSFII.
yahel at yahel.org
Sun Mar 12 09:43:54 GMT 2006
Following the latest posting on this list (and extensive off-list
discussions) regarding the proposed main annual WSFII event in India, it
now appears that Dharamsala is better positioned than Bangalore to make
that a reality. The Dharamsala WSFII is gathering momentum very quickly.
I just had a long phone conversation with Dr. Arun Mehta about this and
we both feel that this year’s International WSFII for Inida should be in
Dharamsala. However, it seems that the May 20th date is not going to
allow us the time needed to prepare properly for such a large scale
event. We therefore suggest postponing the Dharamsala WSFII to after the
rainy season, sometime in October.
In order to fix a final date we will have to re-approach the office of
H.H. the Dalai Lama, and possibly try to synchronize it with the IT
minister of India. It appears that H.H. does not have any trips or
teachings planned for October 2006.
We also feel that this will allow for a greater degree of cooperation
and participation from all parties, and will allow us to make this event
into a truly international summit. Dr. Mehta and myself hope that nobody
would be offended or hurt by this suggestion. Being a joint venture, we
must encourage everyone to comment before we can decide.
Since there are speakers and guests who have confirmed their
participation in Dharamsala for May 20th, we must notify them ASAP about
any changes. If there is a positive consensus about this proposed
change, it would help if the WSFII-Coord could make this decision into
an announcement which we can forward to our guests and activists in
order to explain the change in dates.
I urge you to voice your thoughts and concerns, as well as your support
for the proposed change of dates as soon as possible!
We must decide and announce the change very quickly.
More information about the wsfii-coord