[wsfii-coord] discussion of the front page of the
charlotte at djurslands.net
Wed Mar 8 21:27:19 GMT 2006
Dear Juergen, Sunil and all :o)
DIIRWB agree on Juergens suggestion. If we wait until everything is in place
with the funding, it will be to late. Better the other way around, announce
now so people have a chance to plan in good time, and if there is no
fundings a month or so before - then cancel.
DIIRWB will try to get fundings to send at least 2 persons, and to equipment
for building at least one link the "Djursland" way, to whereever it is
needed and wished for.
We also would like to offer to host the website for the Bangalore event, and
in thus - use the "skeleton" that Klavs (our programmer) is preparing of a
website to be used again and again to all WSFII events (if people wants it,
off course), build over Wordpress. It is just an offer to the Bangalore
crew, if you think it could be of any use to you :o)
Those were the words for now from DIIRWB
----- Original Message -----
From: "Juergen Neumann" <j.neumann at ergomedia.de>
To: <wsfii-coord at lists.okfn.org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 08, 2006 7:57 PM
Subject: RE: [wsfii-coord] discussion of the front page of the
Hi Sunil and all,
> > So we could announce the event to be from Saturday, Nov. 18th until
> > Saturday, Dec. 2nd 2006 if that's fine for all. What do the other
> > think about that?
> Shouldn't we secure funding before making any announcement?
I don't think we should/can wait with announcements, until we have
secured funding, because that might mean we end up fundet, but without
people to come, because they just didn't know about it in time.
My suggestion is strongly is to start the announcement now. If we don't
get the funding - say three or for month before the event - we'll have
to cancel it. But this way around it's much more realistic than opposite
What do you / the others think?
wsfii-coord mailing list
wsfii-coord at lists.okfn.org
More information about the wsfii-coord