[OpenSpending-discuss] Giving some feedback on PESA
lisa.evans at okfn.org
Tue Jan 17 13:20:02 GMT 2012
Some of you will remember the OKFN project Where Does My Money Go, which
aimed to show UK government spending before Open Spending came to life.
The data we used for WDMMG was called PESA and CRA, and like most data
sets it had some problems and limitations.
That data is now used in open spending here:
To make PESA better HM Treasury are having a consultation.
As the OKF has a good understanding of PESA I wonder if some of you would
like to help HM Treasury improve their data.
The points I was going to raise/things I'd like from new PESA are:
- a more detailed breakdown of local authority spending rather than
lumping all their spending together into one big LA group.
- improve the categories of spending so program objects are created
based on a taxonomy for spending.
- spending by UK region as well as estimated cost benefit by region in the
Country Regional Analysis.
- for it to be clear what is budgeted spending and what is actual money
- guidance on how to recreate PESA from COINS so all the program objects
are shown for each program object group.
- guidance on how get spending for each government department in COINS.
If anyone has additional points or can expand on these things, especially
give some ideas for a better taxonomy of spending, please reply.
Apologies to those who have no idea what I'm talking about, you can
continue with your excellent open spending work!
More information about the openspending