[OpenSpending] Open Spending Data and Economics Stream at Open Government Data Camp (at OKFestival)
lucy.chambers at okfn.org
Mon Apr 16 17:01:38 BST 2012
As you may have seen, the call for proposals for Open Knowledge Festival,
which will take place this year in Helsinki in September, was recently
I am in the process of drawing up a draft for a 'Open Spending data and
Open Economics Stream' at the festival and am keen for your input on what
should go into it
Some possible themes (please feel free to add / change):
* Technology for open fiscal data - who is building what? (Lightning talks
& Show and Tell)
* Money In, Money Out and Invisible Money - Revenues, Spending and
* Getting people involved - participation (participatory budgeting, social
* Hackday - e.g. getting data into OpenSpending, building a budgeting
calendar (e.g. crowdsourcing key dates )
* Open Finance Data and advocacy - how do we bring techies and policy
people together? What do we need to build next?
I would also be keen to reach out to organisations who might not be on this
mailing list e.g. many of the participants of the Open Budget Index, so I
am just trying to gauge how big an event this should be.
If you would be interested in leading a panel/workshop/talk/lightning talk
- from presenting a project, participating in a panel to leading a full
talk, please let me know your ideas. We're still brainstorming at this
stage, so you don't need to send me an official proposal, but please let me
know what you would be interested in doing!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the openspending