[open-government] OKFEST: tasks and leaders for Open Development stream
Sarah.Johns at plan-international.org
Wed May 16 12:00:19 BST 2012
We've just had a very active Skype call about the OpenDev stream at the OKFEST in September. Thank you very much to Mika for organising, and to everyone who attended. There will be another chance to catch up in 2 weeks time.
From the meeting, here's a list of task and suggested teams .... please comment/change your name/add your name if you are up for helping out. I'd like to finalise these teams by next Wednesday.
I'd suggest each task team has at minimum 3 names next to it (in a kind of football defense manoeuvre, it'll mean there should always be at least 2 people available to answer questions/make decisions!!). NB all welcome to contribute to all the tasks too!
1. Budget - need to find funding to support the inclusion of participants from Africa and Asia. Team members: Mark H, Mika V, Siem, Tim D. and Juha as OKFEST rep. Timeline: write up 1 pager asap, starting contacting potential funders.
2. Open innovation sessions leading to open hackday on Thursday. Team members: Mark H, Dinesh, Pernillan - poss tie in to OpenAid's June hackathon? Also Mark from PWYF - would you be interested?
3. Key note speaker (Wednesday am) decision: Tim, Duncan E, Lucy, Mika to recommend top 3 to approach based on discussions today. NB> Need to clarify with Juha whether funding has been identified to support key note speakers.
Potentials: Alan from One, Laurent or Matthew from IDRC, Aleem, Sanjay, Tariq or Bjorn-Soren from the World Bank, Warren Krafchik, Director of International Budget Partnership, Jose Alonso from the World Wide Web Foundation.
4. 3 x discussion slots (Wednesday pm)
1. Open development and aid flow - Tim, Lucy C, responsible for inviting Open Economics, Open Government streams.
2. Open = accessible? Dinesh, Sarah, responsible for inviting Open Education and Open Democracy streams.
3. Technologies for open development. Mark H, Sarah, Mika responsible for inviting Open Source streams.
5. Visit to Plan Finland offices: Mika to organise
6. Inclusion of Finnish/Estonian NGOs and attending OKFEST meetings in Finland: Mika, Juha as OKFEST contact
7. Space for other slots needed: ??? need someone to lead on working with Juha on space for these:
general open space session for professionals to choose their own topics?
panel discussions/lightning talks
evening event (open to non-participants too? Like a tweetup/meetup?)
Any opinions expressed in this message and any attachments are those of the sender only and do not necessarily represent the views of Plan. Internet communications are not secure and Plan accepts no responsibility for the content of this e-mail.
The information contained in this message and any attachments is intended solely for the use of the person(s) to whom the message is addressed. The information may be confidential and, if you are not the intended recipient, you must not copy, distribute or take any action in relation to it.
For the content of this e-mail to be contractually binding, it must be signed by an authorised representative of Plan.
A Limited Company Registered in England No. 03001663.
Registered Office: Dukes Court, Duke Street, Woking, GU21 5BH, United Kingdom
Plan Limited is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Plan International, Inc.
(a not-for-profit corporation registered in New York State, USA)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the open-government