[open-government] Moscow city officials launched public consultation about open data
ibegtin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 14:39:35 BST 2011
A few days ago Moscow city officials launched public consultations about
openness of city data for developers.
They published short survey using Google Forms to collect peoples opinions
I will translate questions:
1. Which topics of data openness is most interested for you?
- Buildings and reconstruction
- Land and property rights
- Economy, budgets and finances
- Social services, employment
- Building regulation
- Health / Medicare
2. Where and how city administration should publish open data?
- as open data portal data.mos.ru
- as special topic on city portal mos.ru
- on non-government website selected by tender
- as special topic on city Department of IT website
- as special open data pages on departments website
- data should be published accoding special regulation
3. How data should be presented to people?
- only for non-commecial usage, under CC-BY-NC
- for commercial and non-commercial usage under CC-BY
- under Open Data Commons License
4. Who should be allowed to use city data?
- everybody by requests
- special registration/accreditation should be required
5. How to control quality of city data?
- officials should verify data and publish it verified
- by support of crowdsourcing projects dedicated to data quality
- low quality data shouldn't published
- speed of data disclosure should have more priority than data quality
6. Which formats should be used?
- XML dumps
- Web services API as SOAP
- Web services API as REST/JSON
7. Do we need to control quality of projects created on city open data?
- No. Developers of the projects should be responsible
- Yes. Officials should be responsible for low quality projects
- City could support high quality projects
8. What kind of data do you need for your projects?
9. What kind of service/project do you want to create if data will be
and some fields with name, position and organization of the person.
So If you are Russian speaking I hope you can find some time to fill this
If not but you also interested, you could mail me your answers and I will
translate it and put into the survey.
email: ibegtin at gmail.com
twitter: ibegtin <http://twitter.com/ibegtin>
personal website: ivan.begtin.name
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the open-government