[open-development] 3 things we're up to - IATI Registry, Aid Information Portal and Aidlink
tariq.khokhar at devinit.org
Tue Sep 21 17:17:20 BST 2010
I'd like to share 3 of the things aidinfo is working on at the moment:
1) Development of the IATI Registry
* Earlier in the year we developed a proof of concept for the IATI registry
ahead of the Paris meetings: http://iatiregistry.org/
* OKF is now building a version of the IATI Registry using the CKAN
platform. The first iteration is up at: http://iati.ckan.net
2) Developing an "Aid Information Portal"
* Aims to be a comprehensive resource of information, advice and discussion
about information on aid.
* It doesn't store any data: at it's core, it tells a user where to find
data, how good it is and how to use it. Will include a community "Q&A"
3) Developing and piloting Aidlink - an aid information crowdsourcing tool
* We're partnering with Aidsportal and focussing on HIV/AIDS projects in a
province in South Africa. We aim to better understand the incentives and
challenges for people to contribute data on aid and to enhance a dataset
pulled from AidData.org.
* The site won't be live for a few weeks yet but there's an early mockup
here: http://i.imgur.com/l2MLe.png The concept is similar to AidData's
excellent "Enhanced Project Views" mockup:
I'd be pleased to hear thoughts on the above; particularly your views on
what an Aid Information Portal should be offering.
So, what 3 things are you involved in that might interested the group?
Technology Innovation Analyst
Mob: +44 (0) 7896 442055
Email: tariq.khokhar at devinit.org
Development Initiatives, Keward Court, Keward Business Park, Jocelyn Drive,
Wells, Somerset, BA5 1DB, UK
Tel: +44 (0) 1749 671343 (switchboard)
Fax: +44 (0) 1749 676721
devinit.org | globalhumanitarianassistance.org | aidinfo.org
More information about the open-development