[open-bibliography] Hackathon update
naomi.lillie at okfn.org
Fri Apr 20 09:38:36 BST 2012
Further to the e-mail about our proposed Hackathon, 12th-14th June 2012,
please see below for some more information.
*If you are interested in coming, please respond as we would appreciate a
'show of hands'* - this isn't 'I will be attending', just 'I am interested'
or even 'I know someone who would be up for this' - it helps us know what
to book in terms of size of venue, number of biscuits, plug sockets
required, etc etc!
Note - all these details are to be confirmed and input is welcome - only
the dates are set:
* Tues: Meet-up at a pub, say 17.00 - 20.00 (this is not a mandatory part
of the Hackathon but is an opportunity to talk about Open Data with
* Weds: Hack Day 1, start 10.00, be fed and watered, and stay overnight for
those who want to;
* Thurs: Hack Day 2, start 10.00, be fed and watered and head off around
Venue: likely to be Queen Mary University
University of London
Mile End Road
* Open Biblio <http://openbiblio.net/> - emphasising the utilisation of
tools we've developed;
* Open Knowledge Foundation's Working Group on Open Data in Cultural
Heritage and GLAM <http://openglam.org/>;
* DevCSI <http://devcsi.ukoln.ac.uk/> - encouraging diverse thinking around
software development and technical innovation.
Nearer the time I'll get back in touch to ask about overnight
accommodation, dietary requirements, access requirements and so on, but in
the meantime please respond if you want to be counted in.
Foundation Administrator and Community Coordinator (Open Bibliography)
Open Knowledge Foundation
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the open-bibliography