[okfn-labs] Some further improvements to Recline Data Explorer
rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Fri Mar 16 00:51:13 GMT 2012
I demo'd latest version of Recline at the Labs show and tell Tuesday.
I've since done a few more tweaks, which you can see here:
* Move to bootstrap fully for dropdowns and menus giving nicer styling
around buttons and dropdowns
* Added support for storing query state in the url e.g.
* Dropdown menu for search controls containing simple pagination with
changing of from / size (offset / limit)
* Added support for loading from a query paramemter url in the demo so
you can share links with people e.g.
* Support for guessing google doc json url from simple google docs url
(want to see a google docs spreadsheet in recline just do
One thing I've been thinking hard about but not reached a clear
conclusion on is where to put functionality like filters and facets in
the UI. Sepcifically:
* Where should they get created from (e.g. from main search drop down,
from somewhere else)
* Where should facets live (both options and set values)? (Classic
approach is Mark's great work with <http://okfnlabs.org/facetview/>)
Something like http://documentcloud.github.com/visualsearch/ seems
quite nice and very compact but it would not work for complex use
cases like those Mark has (where he allows for year ranges and the
like). Basically: how complex do these things need to be ...
More information about the okfn-labs