[okfn-discuss] Bulletin Update: Open Data news & events
laura.newman at okfn.org
Mon Mar 5 15:57:52 GMT 2012
Plenty of exciting stuff going on in the Open Knowledge Foundation Network
as always. A key highlight is the first *ever* OKFN open data meet-up in
Scotland, next Tuesday 13th March. Read on for more...
* The first ever OKFN open data meet-up in Scotland: #OpenDataEDB takes
place at the Ghillie Dhu on Tuesday 13th March. More info & sign-up
* OpenBiblio are having a coding and planning sprint in Edinburgh, Mon 12th
- Weds 14th March.
* OpenBiblio Hackathon, 12th-14th June in London - save the date!
* FLOSSIE 2012 - a free two-day event for women who work with, or are
interested in, Software Libre/FOSS in Open Data, Knowledge Digital Arts and
Education. 25/26 May at QMUL, East London, UK. See
* DM2E officially kicked-off last Thursday.
* The Open Economics Group announced the support from the Alfred P. Sloan
Foundation: <http://bit.ly/xQQNNE> Congratulations guys!
* More environmental datasets needed in the datahub! Please contribute at
* Improved functionality for OpenBiblio:
http://openbiblio.net/2012/02/21/json-ld-bibjson/, thanks to Mark
McGillivray's coding efforts.
* #OpenDataCBG was a great success last week. Around 25 people gathered in
the Panton Arms in Cambridge to hear 5 lightning talks and engage in lively
* About 50 people gathered in London and online for the Energy and Climate
Hackday, sponsored by AMEE. Ed Hogg from the Department of Energy and
Climate Change gave a presentation, and people worked on:
1) Carbon Budget Challenge I - Historical Trends in Carbon Dioxide Emissions
2) Carbon Budget Challenge II - Future Projections
3) Phone app for World Bank missions and to communicate local climate change
4) Yourtopia 2
5) Land-use Change and Forestry (Berlin)
More details here: <http://econ.okfnpad.org/climate-energy-hackday>.
All in all a great but busy fortnight for open data and the Open Knowledge
Foundation! If you have information that you would like to be included in
the next Open Data Bulletin (to be circulated on 19th March), drop me an
email at laura.newman [@] okfn.org.
Open Knowledge Foundation
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the okfn-discuss