[ok-edinburgh] notes from last meet, invite sketchpad
jo at frot.org
Sun Mar 21 19:59:28 GMT 2010
Notes from meeting between Jo Robin Stuart are at this piratepad, and
also pasted below. We discussed potential audience, use of space etc and
resolved to meet briefly this Monday at around 4 to finalise the invite
email text, and discuss PR with other EDINA colleagues.
- the invite-in-progress which should be fairly minimal - can also
borrow from the London text...
Who to invite
- Angus from RIN on their open science project, new material maybe want
to 'launch'? [Note there is a RIN talk at OKCon London i think]
- other RIN people, Stefan, etc
Informatics - ( "citizen science", GalaxyZoo like project ) ,
- Jo asked PMR, Rufus
- Scope of audience - across Scotland?
- government ventures - SDI, data.gov.sco - circulate?
- commercial ventures - Informatics spinoffs, Appleton Towers
- e.g. community building or broader audience
Fiona H-F and Linked Data
advertising event - Nicola social media advice,
other mailing lists (girkgeekscot? etc)
mainstreaming / "solidifying" or people on bleeding edge
- Jackie could help w/ producing a flyer
- Nicola can help with social media promotion
More information about the ok-edinburgh