[ckan-discuss] CKAN participation in DCAT meeting, tomorrow (2010-04-22) at 1600 GMT?
jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Wed Apr 21 17:40:23 BST 2010
Could be useful if someone from CKAN could participate in this call --
to see what the latest is and to tell others about our plans in this
Rufus, David, John, Friedrich: any of you available?
All the best,
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Richard Cyganiak <richard at cyganiak.de>
Date: Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 5:24 PM
Subject: [dcat] Tomorrow's dcat Agenda
To: public-egov-ig at w3.org
Plain text agenda below, HTML version on wiki:
(Any serious participants are welcome to join. You don't need to signup
anywhere at this time.)
* Thursday, 22 April 2010, for 60 minutes
* Starting 8am San Francisco, 11am Boston, 4pm London, 5pm Paris
To join the audio meeting:
* +1.617.761.6200, +33.4.89.06.34.99 or +44.117.370.6152, Conf
Code: 3468 ("EGOV")
* Please dial 61# to mute yourself, 60# to unmute, 41# to raise
* More instructions: http://www.w3.org/2002/01/UsingZakim
To join for additional text chat:
* IRC: irc.w3.org:6665 channel #egov
* Chair: Richard Cyganiak
* Scribe: Sandro
* W3C Staff Contact: Sandro Hawke
* review http://richard.cyganiak.de/2010/03/dcat-for-egov-ig.pdf
* review http://www.w3.org/egov/wiki/Data_Catalog_Vocabulary#Links_and_Resources
* Anyone new?
* Scribe for next meeting?
Presentations of existing work (25min)
3-5 minutes per topic; material (examples etc) should be prepared and
placed on the wiki in advance!
* Foundations: Dublin Core, SKOS (Ed)
* Sunlight Labs API proposal (David, Luigi) (awaiting confirmation)
* DERI's dcat proposal (Fadi)
* CTIC's Dataset Catalog Vocabulary and “meta-catalog” (Martin)
Atom and dataset updates (15min)
* What role can Atom play in dataset catalogs?
* Notify consumers about dataset updates?
* API for manipulating catalog entries (AtomPub)?
* Bundling individual dataset records into a catalog (see Atom
use in opengov.se)?
* Any use cases that RDF doesn't address?
Scope and Deliverables for this group (15min)
* Vocabulary Reference Document (HTML and RDFS)?
* Implementation Guide document?
* Use Cases? Requirements?
* Test cases?
The Open Knowledge Foundation
More information about the ckan-discuss